Sunday 15 May 2011

Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

You may remember that on 24th March : A Bigger Boat I wrote about a job which was being advertised by Hays recruitment agency.
I suggested that the job might not exist and that it was being advertised purely to pad out the Hays website and lure in unwary candidates.
I decided not to register with Hays as they insisted on yet another CRB check and I have more than enough of them already.
Anyway. I got an email from them just the other day:

Thank you for your following application(s).
Advocate, 1379823, 12/05/11,
Unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Many thanks
Rachel Dobson

(I was puzzled. I hadn't actually applied for this "vacancy".
So I wrote back:)

Hi Rachel
Thanks for the message
Can you please confirm whether I am actually registered with Hays ?
Following my last conversation I thought that I wasn't registered until I had a CRB check done specifically for Hays?
Also, as this post is still "live" on your website, can you let me have some feedback as to why I wasn't successful?
Best wishes
Graham Chalk


(Please make a mental note: I asked for feedback as I "hadn't been successful")

Graham,
You are not registered as you have no Hays CRB, but your details are on our database......
Many thanks
Rachel Dobson

Team Manager


Hello Rachel
...............Could I ask again-as my application for the Advocate post was unsuccessful, may I have some feedback please?

(Please make a mental note: I asked for feedback as I "hadn't been successful")

Graham,
The role was filled and should have been suspended from the website.
Many thanks for bringing it to my attention
Regards
Rachel Dobson
Team Manager

Oh and the job I hadn't been successful in not applying for?
Guess what?
It's still live on the Hay's website....

No comments:

Post a Comment