Friday 8 July 2011

Letter to Ingeus

It strikes me as ironic that a company that is destined to deliver the new "Work Programme" can be so shoddy in the way it treats prospective employees.
I attended an interview with Ingeous, and got a rather unsatisfactory totally impersonal response.
Is this supposed to be Showing the New Way?
if it is, I have only this to say:
Oh dear...........
"Hello
I attended your interview.
Firstly the venue was changed, then the time of the interview was changed at very short notice.
When I arrived for the interview I was kept waiting thirty minutes without explanation.
I was then informed by mass-market email that I was unsuccessful and that nobody can give me any feedback because you are too busy.
In my view the arrangement between interviewer and interviewee is a contract:
The interviewee clears his/her diary and travels at their own expense to the interview (after taking an additional online "suitability test") in the case of Ingeus.
In return they usually get a phone call with feedback.
I believe this is "Industry Standard" or "Custom and practice", if you like.
It concerns me that Ingeus consider that an appropriate response to an "unsuccessful candidate" is a mass-market email, especially in view on the fact that Ingeus is supposed to be showing the New Way of how to help people get back into employment.
Your feedback to this message would be appreciated."

I'll let you know how I get on...... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment