Wednesday 8 June 2011

Indervue!!!

I continue to cast my net more widely.
I apply for a job in Essex.
I get a phone call from the prospective employer shortly afterwards.
Offering me an interview!!!
Whoopee!
I ask him to confirm details in writing before I go cap in hand to those nice Jobcentre Plus people to request a travel warrant.
This is the email the company sent me....:

"hi Graham, you have been short listed for an interview for the position of Theriputic project worker. Please look at are website for futher information about our company. Please let me know some dates that are convient for you to travel over to see us."

I see four major spelling mistakes in three lines.
The gentleman also included the web address of his company so that I might be better informed.
Which would have helped.....but...it was the wrong web address.
I'm not really nit picking am I?
If I show this email to the Jobcentre as proof that I have an interview, they'll assume I'm having a laugh.
Would it prejudice my chances of being appointed to this post if I ask my future employer to write his email out again with corrections as highlighted?

No comments:

Post a Comment