Wednesday 1 June 2011

Time for Tea!

Pass me that broken bottle, would you, mate?
I just  applied for a job.
It had a curious title: " Domestic Abuse Facilitator"
Now call me old fashioned (I am, you should see my shoes) but I don't think people should be employed to facilitate abuse.
They ought to be employed to put an end to it.
Granted I'm not up to speed on the latest thinking and innovations in this field.
Speaking of innovations....the company  advertising the post is called " Deter Innovations".
Now I've had quite a few jobs.
Without exception they have all done their very best to "deter innovations", but this is the first time I've seen a company enshrining that philosophy in their name.

Agency Update
I spotted a vacancy on Reeds website. 
It was from Neca Recruitment . 
I've mentioned them before. They have me "on their books".
They don't send me details of any vacancies or anything exotic like that, but I'm a jewel in their crown.
I'm sure of it.
Anyway...
I spotted an interesting  vacancy on Reeds website. It said that Neca Recruitment had a tasty job going.
So I checked the Neca Recruitment website to find it....................nope. Not there. 
I had a feeling of deja vu at this point as the  same thing happened a few months back with a different "vacancy".
When I chased it at that time I was told that Craig who used to represent me at Neca was no longer with them.
I emailed Caela who was the Neca woman that told me Craig was no longer with them and said: "Wasssssssssssssssssup Caela?"
And I got the reply:
"Just to advice(sic) that Caela is no longer working for NECA and I will be your contact for the foreseeable future."
 I wonder how long the "forseeable future" is over there?


No comments:

Post a Comment