Saturday 12 March 2011

Cake

The Thankyou Buffet :11 March 2011
I parked my bike in the car park and made my way to the entrance of  Top Secret HQ .
I was feeling a little apprehensive until I noticed a female member of "The Management" struggling with trays of food.
I helped her carry them upstairs, and roughly disguised, therefore as a member of the catering establishment I entered the training room, my face disguised beneath a row of egg mayonnaise sandwiches.
There were twenty people who didn't have a chair, and I made the mistake of saying this seemed very typical of my ex-organisation. This blew my cover and I was very nearly shark-food.
The Big Boss gave a little speech where he thanked everyone for their hard work, and was sorry to see them go and it had been a privilege to know them.
A Slightly Smaller Boss gave a little speech where he thanked everyone for their hard work, and was sorry to see them go and it had been a privilege to know them.
 A Still More Petite Boss gave a little speech where she thanked everyone for their hard work, and was sorry to see them go and it had been a privilege to know them.
(The speeches were beginning to sound like Groundhog Day)
The Runner-Up Boss said.....that ...the Other Bosses had said everything she had planned to say. 
Well that was it .
The Bosses were all very sad that it had come to this (wherever "this" was, as they didn't seem to have a clue)
Everyone ate egg mayonnaise sandwiches. I was recognised by my ex-team and hugs were exchanged.
I got ready to leave and, while I put my jacket on, asked Christine to keep hold of my helmet.
At this point everyone burst out laughing at the double-entendre. 
Just like Old Times
I vanished enigmatically into the afternoon sun, a rapidly vanishing blur, engine howling into the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment