Saturday 12 March 2011

No Brainer


Back to Work Session
12th March 2011, 3pm
At the appointed hour I was dropped off outside the Jobcentre and made my way upstairs as directed by the three-dozen doorpersons.
Four rows of chairs, the first two rows occupied. I sat between a callow youth and a lady with purple hair.
Callow youth said to man behind me: "This is taking up valuable drinking time",at which point they both joined in a chorus of  "hurrrr hurrr hurrrrrr".
A young woman stood up in  front of a projection screen and outlined The Obligations we had to meet to get Our Handouts.
She was alright really.
I came there quite prepared to take the piss but she was just doing her job.
The fact was that I'd been doing a job very similar to hers six weeks previously, but another fact was that she might well be sitting where I am six weeks from now.
She also outlined some of the new and forthcoming employment opportunities Coming Soon:
There's a new Kentucky Fried Chicken opening. We all rushed to apply when the session ended, thirty minutes early.
You know there is a definite role for engaging the Recently Deceased.
But this aint it.






No comments:

Post a Comment