Friday 25 March 2011

Make me an offer I can't refuse

 Somehow I appear to have acquired a couple of friends.
One works for a debt recovery company and one works for a loan company as a fraud investigator.
I was offered a job working for the loan company as they had a "patch" free as their previous operator had been given the push for supplying drugs to clients on his round.
I thought this showed true entrepreneurial spirit, but I think the problem wasn't the drugs so much as: If they are using their money for smack, they've none left for us.
I did try to look a little disinterested when he first mentioned the job.
I told him how much creative stuff I had to do-you know I'm writing a book and stuff.
He looked at me and his eyes glazed over as my words tumbled out.
Being currently unwaged and not exactly falling over job offers I'm hardly in a position to be picky but it seems to me that I spent most of my life working to help the people who were at the wrong end of 272% APR loans.
But why swim against the current?
No town seems complete without a few "Bright House" stores scattered about.
Come and buy a £900 42" TV all the way from sunny China.
It'll only cost you £2,200.
Poor people are losing money like they were rich people playing roulette.
Only the other week the Ministry of Defence (that's just next door to the Ministry of Sound) revealed that it was paying £20 for 65p lightbulbs.
I think I know who was supply them....
There are houses around me occupied by people who can't afford curtains but can really really need that 42" TV set. As they've no curtains I get to watch Jeremy Kyle  from a quarter of a mile away totally free .
Hmmmnnn let me see.....A cruise missile costs £870,000.
So far The West (I think that's us) has fired 110 of these in Libya.
I reckon that's about....ooooh nearly £95,000,000, or, if we buy them from Bright House, £840,999,999,786.50.
And you'll need insurance in case you spill tea on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment