Sunday 22 May 2011

G'day


Update: who is getting the new Work Programme contracts?
One of my ex-colleagues tells me that  "Ingeus have the work programme for all the north east".
As I hadn't heard of Ingeus I naturally Googled  them.
It's a multinational company owned by Thérèse Rein, the wife of the ex Prime Minister of Australia, Kevin Rudd. ".... (with) more than 70 offices in Australia, UK, France, Switzerland, Germany, Korea, Sweden and Poland, and with over 1,000 employees"
I thought HMG was moving us away from huge firms with huge bureaucracies involving themselves in the social sector  and was encouraging local initiatives aka "The Big Society"?
Australia ey?
I am now saving all the corks from my wine bottles to dangle from my hat before I head off for an interview.
However as the Ingeus website says: "We are not currently recruiting but any future vacancies" I think I'll have quite some time before my corky hat project rolls out.
That proposed June launch for the Work programme is continuing to look ever-so-slightly unlikely. Cobber....
and while I'm on the subject......
As Ingeus is owned by an Australian doesn't this mean that all our tax money to pay for the running of the Work Programme is going to .....Australia?

No comments:

Post a Comment