Friday 15 April 2011

Dragon's Legs

I Wish I was an expert at something.
Well  possibly I am, but it's not as marketable as those lovely people at Dragon's Den.
They say such clever stuff.
Here's some advice from the very lovely Deborah Meaden on the BBC News website:
"I would rather get out there and be working, even if it is not in the best job in the world, than be sitting at home doing nothing."
well....yesssss.....
"Even if what you are doing isn't the perfect job it can still be a very good thing. Because not working for a long period can be dangerous."
It is Debbie, it really is. Especially since I may be tempted to saw the legs off people who patronise the recently redundant during a world-wide recession.
"It is very, very easy to get out of the habit of working, and if you have long breaks between jobs on your CV it sends a bad message to prospective employers."
This is correct.
I'm thinking of contacting my ex-employer and asking them to say in writing how very, very sorry they are for going catastrophically tits-up and thereby causing a long break in my CV.  
Alternatively I could get arrested for sawing the legs off a TV pundit.
Not only would my subsequent jail term explain the" break in my CV", but I wouldn't have to worry about paying for the TV licence.

2 comments:

  1. Nah instead of your CV you just print out this blog! Or maybe when theres enough entries turn it into a book, makes me laugh. Thinking of starting my own blog about the joys of single motherhood with a psychotic ex- we Chalks have gotta write after all, its in the blood! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were not in a supermarket in Tenerife yesterday, were you?

    ReplyDelete