Wednesday 6 April 2011

Wheeeeee...... I run an agency I do!

Some job specifications arrived in my email today-:
A Support Worker in the "United Kingdom".
They didn't narrow it down.
Well, after all the UK is pretty small....
Naturally the advert specified the "Person Specification":
  • "It is essential that you have an NVQ level 2 or 3 " (low level qualifications)
  • "Please note that this is a qualified position so you will need a social work degree/masters or equivalent" (high level qualifications)
It was the same job.
Two totally different sets of qualifications for the same job.
Total gibberish.
This gibberish was brought to you by  "4Social Work" via Community Care.
I did write to "4Social Work" to query the above, but I don't expect a reply.

What's happening out there?
Well the dust still hasn't settled and nobody knows who is going to get employed by whom.
Usually it comes down to assortative mating: that is:
She looks like me and thinks like me so I'll give her the job.
Ever wonder why we live in such a wonderful world?
The system perpetuates itself, until it's all the same homogeneous system run by the same set of retards with a call centre in India.
Half the jobs in my old sector are now being done by Big Society volunteers, so why would a company pay for a single costly worker when they can get a dozen happy smiling faces for free?
No reason.
So they won't.


No comments:

Post a Comment